1. Plumbing leaks or defects in the home that lead to moisture buildup should be repaired immediately.
2. Leakage or water damaged areas should be dried and treated within 24-48 hours.
3. Use dehumidifiers and air conditioners during humid seasons.
4. Maintain ventilation throughout your home.
5. Mold inhibitors can be added to household paints.
6. Keep your indoor humidity between 30%-50%.
7. Use your bathroom fans when showering, Consider installing timers on the fan to run for a set peroid of time after your done showering.
8. Appliances such as clothes dryers and stoves should be vented to the outdoors if possible.