- Repairs & Rebuild
- Water Damage
- Fire Damage
- Mold Remediation
- About Us
- Contact Us
Even though we are not on the coast, strong winds and torrential rains have the potential to cause damage to your home. Here are several tips to minimize possible water intrusion into your home. Make sure these are done before the storm arrives.
1. Clear storm drains near your home.
2. Clean gutters of any debris.
3. Make sure downspouts are connected and discharge points are cleared.
4. If you have a sump pump, make sure it is plugged in and functioning properly.
(Test it by filling the sump pump basin with water, and making sure it discharges
away from your home.)
5. Trim back any dead branches on trees that are close to your home.
Remember, your home is meant to shed water – it will be better protected by ensuring that all systems designed to help with this are in place and performing their best.