Spring Has Sprung!
Spring time is here; by tackling these small tasks you can give your home a mini face lift leaving a big impact.
- Clean your windows inside and out. Replace those torn and damaged screens.
- Check caulking around all doors and windows. Improper caulking allows for moisture to get inside your walls and cause mold.
- Go to the Attic: look for streams of light coming through the holes through your roof. Make sure there is enough insulation for summer and winter. Too little insulation can cause ice dams in your attic.
- Check your siding. Pay special attention to areas where paint is missing or chipping away, these are especially susceptible to rot.
- Replace worn weather stripping and you’ll keep the cool air in and the warm air out!
- Inspect your gutters and downspouts to see that they haven’t pulled loose and that they aren’t clogged. Clogging usually occurs at the elbow in a drainage system, where the downspout connects to the gutter. Make sure downspouts are extended away from the foundation.
- Check for possible damage to the roof. Look for missing, cracked, or broken shingles and make note for any needed repairs.
- Check garden hoses for dry rot and inspect hose faucets for possible freeze damage.